Selena Gomez became emotional as she remembered a family that drowned last month after their van was tragically swept away in the rising floodwaters in her hometown of Houston during Hurricane Harvey.
At Tuesday’s celebrity telethon to raise money for hurricane relief efforts, Gomez spoke through tears as she remembered the Saldivar family – relatives of the late singer Selena Quintanilla.
“August 27, seven members of the Saldivar family tried to escape the rising flood waters. Their van is swept into the bayou, only Sammy Saldivar manages to survive,” Gomez, 25, said during the Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Relief telethon. »
- Char Adams
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Amal Clooney Returns to Work at the Un 3 Months After Welcoming Twins -- See Her Stunning Retro Look! (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 September 2017, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Hand in Hand: A Benefit For Hurricane Relief Raises More Than $55 Million (From Look to the Stars. 21 September 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon to Receive BAFTA Britannia Award As He Enters Oscar Season With Two Bold, Divisive Roles (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 September 2017, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Floyd Mayweather Gives Fans a Tour of his ‘Beverly Hills Palace’ — and His Snack Bar Has to be Seen to be Believed (From PEOPLE.com. 21 September 2017, 9:30 PM, PDT)
- Mel Gibson Movie Producer Moves to Stop Director's 'Bogus' Bid to Halt Distribution (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 21 September 2017, 3:10 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Does Date Night Doubleheader with Models, Including Ex Toni Garrn (From TMZ. 21 September 2017, 11:32 AM, PDT)
- Francia Raisa Reveals Scar While Working Out After Donating Kidney to Bff Selena Gomez (From PEOPLE.com. 21 September 2017, 9:39 PM, PDT)
- Selena Gomez’s Kidney Donor Francia Flaunts Stomach & Scar During Intense Workout — Pics (From HollywoodLife. 21 September 2017, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Selena Gomez Goes to Work Kissing On Woody Allen's Set (From TMZ. 21 September 2017, 2:24 PM, PDT)